Therapy Area Assessment
We help clients build a detailed understanding of their respective areas of interest. Our highly comprehensive therapy area assessment reports provide deep commercial, technical, regulatory and other relevant insights to assess the competitive landscape, epidemiology, development pipeline, unmet needs / existing gaps, and overall opportunity within an industry / sector. We identify key market dynamics that are likely to shape the future of a market specific to the domain; this includes identifying companies engaged in the field, along with the list of products / product candidates being developed by the aforementioned companies for the treatment / diagnosis of the associated disorders. We also elaborate on clinical trial designs of late stage molecules and help align clients’ development strategies.
Case Study: Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- The client is a well-established US based firm with key focus on developing novel therapies for the treatment of NASH and has developed therapeutic candidates that are in various stages of development. Amongst the rising numbers of chronic liver diseases globally, NASH is projected to be one of the leading causes of liver transplants.
- In an effort to stay ahead of the competition, the client was keen to get a comprehensive third party view on the overall NASH landscape. Roots Analysis was tasked with giving the senior management an in-depth view of the market, assess unmet needs, uncover core trends and help reposition the client’s go-to-market strategy.
- To understand the key market dynamics likely to shape up the future of the NASH market; this included identifying companies active in the area, along with the list of molecules being developed by these companies for the treatment of NASH.
- To discuss treatment options, diagnostic techniques, epidemiology, pipeline molecules and present a robust view on the future market outlook.
- To elaborate on clinical trial designs of several late stage molecules, identify key drivers behind the market’s growth and align client’s development strategy
- An extensive report on the current landscape, disease epidemiology, types of molecules and future outlook of the evolving pipeline of NASH molecules.
- Amongst other elements, the report elaborated on the new diagnostic solutions being developed and the upcoming opportunities for different stakeholders. In addition, it highlighted associated constraints in terms of undefined pathogenesis and the initiatives being carried out by the companies to overcome these
- Several benefits to the client, as highlighted by the client himself, included an increased visibility on the ongoing initiatives across the industry.
- In addition, the detailed market opportunity analysis offered a clearer viewpoint on the industry’s likely future evolution, both in terms of size and pace of growth.
- The trend analysis and information on competing firms provided the necessary ingredients to the leadership team for defining the firm’s future roadmap. The team smartly anticipated the opportunities to grow and capitalize on these opportunities over the coming decade.